Hardwood Flooring Information, Tips, Care. Caring for hardwood
Why Choose Hardwood:
- Adds natural beauty to your home.
- Hardwood Floors increase the value of your home.
- Hypoallergenic - hardwood floors do not trap bacteria, allergens,
and dust, as carpets do.
- Properly maintained, they can last a lifetime.
- Easy to maintain.
- Damage on your hardwood floors can be repaired.
Tips for caring for your hardwood floors:
- Place rugs at entrances to protect your hardwood floor from
scratches, and to "walk off" dust and debris.
- Sweep wood floors regularly with a soft bristle broom or vacuum
- Never clean a hardwood floor with soaps or detergents.
- Clean spills promptly.
- Keep potted plants off a wood floor so condensation does not
- Put plastic or fabric-faced glides under the legs of furniture to
prevent scuffing and scratching of your hardwood.
- Be prepared to rejuvenate your floor by having it professionally
buffed and a new coat of finish applied, if necessary. When the
floor shows signs of significant wear, then have it professionally
refinished to bring back the beauty and luster of a new hardwood
Cleaning your Hardwood Floors
- Wipe food and other spills from your hardwood floor immediately,
with a water dampened cloth or paper towel.
- Vacuum with soft bristle brushes only. Most carpet vacuums
have hard bristle brushes.
- Sweep with a soft (nylon) bristle broom.
- Damp (not wet) mop the floor to remove dirt and grit. We
recommend only using white vinegar diluted with water on a
damp cloth, to disinfect.
Things to Avoid
- Do not use oils, waxes, or cleaners that have these properties in
them, on your finish. No ammonia or dust cleaners on your
- High heel shoes, especially unprotected.
- Water. Dampened cloth is okay, but do not saturate the floor, and
be sure to wipe up spills immediately.
With proper care and maintenance, you will enjoy years and years of a
beautiful hardwood floor. It's clean, durable, and adds tremendous
beauty and warmth to a home.
|The Hardwood Guys, L.L.C.
Floor Care Tips
The Hardwood Guys LLC,
servinng washinton, Everett,
Seattle, Tacoma, and Spokane,